Friday, September 2, 2011

Show me

I wonder what truly pleases the heart of my God?  and I stumbled upon upon Mich 6:8 "He has showed you, O man, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."  That hit me right between the eyes!  As I reread this my eyes stopped at required.  I don't know about you but that says to me I don't have a choice.  It is not an option.  I better get on it....but how?  I am not sure, but i think walking humbly will lead to acting justly and loving mercy.  Humility is far from simple.  Humility is taking a close look, an honest look at who I am. It is not pretty!  Yet in the light of my Savior I am free to be nothing, to be no one of importance, and to be the daughter of the King.  Humility is a daily, moment by moment struggle.  I want to feel worth while.  I want to be as important as the next person.  I whisper "look at me."
 My God whispers back that He sees me, has never lost sight of me.  "Humble yourself, this I require," He prompts.  "Show me..." I cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment