Saturday, December 17, 2011

Matthew 5:8 ponderings

I have been wondering, thinking, musing, over Matthew 5:8 " Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."   
 There is nothing about me that is pure.  I am made from dust (definitely not clean) and I will return to dust. 
The only purity I can lay claim to is that which Christ gives to me.  My daily, hourly, moment by moment washing of forgiveness.  Making me white as snow.  I have nothing pure to offer.  All that is of any worth is already from Christ.  He is the gift giver.  And what I might offer has been given by The Gift Giver, himself.
How selfish am I when I take what He gives and fail to give thanks? Obsessed with lies that say I am deserving.  I deserve nothing.  What I do deserve He does not give.  The pure in heart will see God.  I see the God of grace.  My heart is not pure, yet He is remaking me.  I see His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment