Tuesday, January 17, 2012

remember

It is so easy to become discouraged, grumbling, whining even.  When life looks nothing like I want or takes to long.  I confess I struggle at worship and excel in whining.
God spoke to His children telling them they must remember.  He gave them specific tasks so that they would remember.  Remember who He is and what He had done for them.  I am so like them...forgetful I need to remember.  Remember God's faithfulness.  Remember who He is to me and how He has blessed me.  I have found it is much easier to worship when I remember.  Yet, remembering is an exercise of my will.  I must be intentional.  Intentionally turning my focus to remembering.  I remember His saving, loving, embracing, caring, protecting, listening, justice, mercy, grace through the years of my life.  May I never forget.  He is God.  The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,and......me.

No comments:

Post a Comment