Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Season of Humility

It seems like a long time since I have sat here reflecting.  My thoughts are simple.  My mind seems to swim at times with all that is happening and all that needs to happen.  Is this what I have reduced my days to?  Apparently.  UG!  This reality is ugly.  I am keenly aware of my "self" focus.
This season is filled with Humility.  The humility of our Lord coming from the heavenly realm to this dust trodden place.  The humility of Mary and Joseph's obedience.  The humility of those that came to a stable to worship amongst the animals.  I lack humility when I hurry through my day checking off my list, focused only on my agenda.  How many times can I use "me, my, and I"? 
Recently my father asked me "how concerned are you about God's Glory?"  Is this the key to humility?  Is God's Glory  more important than my own, my success, my accomplishments, my checks on the list of life? 
This is a question that I quickly say YES to, but am I only fooling myself?  God is not fooled by my easy answers.  May I learn to walk humbly with my God.

1 comment: