Thursday, December 15, 2011

"I can dare to give thanks in everything, because I can trust God for everything."-anne voskamp

"I can dare to give thanks in everything, because I can trust God for everything." -anne voskamp

When this statement hit my ears it grabbed my mind. It challenged my heart.  I continued to repeat the word "everything".  This long, ten letter word is the hinge point in my belief.  Simply, do I trust God for everything?
Ug!  I really detest these hard questions.  The ones that ask me to be brutally honest and more than likely I don't really want to know the answer to.  (You know the ones I mean)  When I turn this statement around I see how reliant giving thanks is on the trusting.  I trust, therefore, even in the hard I give thanks.  I love the word "dare".  It is a dare, a risk....Yet God risked everything on me...I want to risk everything, trust for everything, give thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment