Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Above and Beyond

Does God go above and beyond in my life?  in yours?  If not, why?  Ephesians 3:20 tells me that  he is able to do more than I can imagine according to his power that is at work within me.  That power is the Holy Spirit.  Do I recognize the power?  Am I in touch with the power?  Do I even grasp the power?  I am not sure I do. Empty myself so I can be filled with "the power".  So, I think the question I really have is how do I become empty?  If God is going to go above and beyond the imaginable then I must loosen my grasp.  I hold onto what can be imagined.  My feet are stuck on this earth bound by the limits of my humanity.  God can do so much more....empty myself so His power can go beyond in me.  Let loose of my plans, dreams, intentions and allow God to do the immeasurable.  Uncurl my fingers from around how I think life should happen.
Letting go is scary. Emptying is unnerving.  Believing is hard.  I mean true believing, not just easy words that are said.  True believing, being empty, and letting God go above and beyond starts out hard, moves to unnerving and becomes amazing!
I don't know if God will, but I know He can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment