Wednesday, October 26, 2011

familiar

I have been reading and re-reading Ps 139.  I am trying to memorize this whole chapter.  I was challenged to memorize it.  I am not good at a number of things two of which are memorizing and turning down a challenge.  So here I am.  I am asking God to hammer this passage into my brain and as He is doing this He is reshaping my heart.  Vs. 3 of chapter 139 says that God is familiar with all my ways.  "Familiar" that word stopped me, it is changing me.  The God of the universe is familiar  with me and all my quirks, oddities, and what makes me, me.  Familiar takes on the meaning of understanding , able to predict, not surprised by, or knowing.  God is understanding of me, able to predict my every thought and movement, not surprised by me and knows me better then I know myself.  He is familiar with all my ways.  Yet still loves me, excepts me and calls me his own.  Ps 139:1-3  " O, Lord you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise.  You preceive my thoughts from a far.  You discern my going out and my lying down.  You are familiar with all my ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment