Monday, September 12, 2011

Open hands

I look down, turn my hands over and slowly begin to uncurl my fingers. Palms up, fingers out stretched,  this I remind myself is how I want to be with all that God offers.  I want to receive it with open hands.  Asking Him, to use it, use me in whatever way He would be glorified.  I will be traveling to Uganda in March. Open handed....serving and loving orphans...open handed.  As the plans form in my mind my fingers begin to grasp at how I will be able to afford the trip, adoption on the horizon.  I am gripping tightly now clenched fists around the plans, expectations, fears that I have.  Open handed, simple faith is alluding me at this moment. 
I remember the price that was paid for me.  Is that statement of ultimate love not enough?  As that realization floods my soul my hands loosen their grip.  All that He has to offer is for my good, out of his love, which came at a price.  Simple faith is all i need.

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of you! Love you Lori and am SO EXCITED to walk this journey with you, with open hands :)

    ReplyDelete